The Profoto D1 500 w/s Monolight is a significant refinement of the ComPact monolight series from the company which having become synonymous with professional strobe lighting, is now celebrating its 40th anniversary.
This D1 500 w/s 2-Light Studio Kit includes 2 D1 500 monolights, 2-D1 small white umbrellas, 2-D1 light stands and a D1 Studio Kit Case.
No stone has been left unturned in the provision of tech and convenience features that seem to derive from professional photographers' wish lists. The sleek matte-black, high-impact polycarbonate finish encases strobe design that goes beyond the highly visible LED readout and is digital from the ground up. The 7 stop power range breaks down to 1/10 stop increments providing flexibility, precision and consistency, made possible by dual mode SMPS capacitor charging.
A new built-in 77 degree reflector (5.12" diameter) maximizes case space and is ideal for umbrella and softbox use. Features that we've come to expect from Profoto over the years: short flash duration, rapid recycling, a bright 300W modeling lamp and heavy-duty cabling are all on-board.
New Profoto Air System technology (purchased separately) replaces the sync cord, allowing the head to be remotely triggered from as much as 300 meters (1000 feet) away using a Profoto Air Remote or Air Sync transceiver (sold separately). The Air Sync provides wireless triggering (8 channels) via hot shoe or mini plug, while the Air Remote provides wireless triggering as well as full-function head control over 8 channels in 6 distinct groups. Additionally, the D1 syncing and complete functionality can be wirelessly controlled via your PC or Mac by using Profoto's Air USB and Studio Air systems.
Modeling lamp operation is user-selectable: On/Off/Proportional and Free (manual). There is also a selectable flash confirmation (dimming) feature in addition to an audible, fully-recycled tone. The D1 is compatible with the full line of widely-acclaimed Profoto light-shaping tools. Finally, the self-sensing multi-voltage circuitry allows you to take the D1 anywhere in the world.
Note! D1 standard heads require use of a Profoto Air Remote or Air Sync tranceiver (or combination) on both camera and head for remote triggering.
- New lightweight design with durable polycarbonate shell and built-in 77 degree umbrella
- Self-sensing multi-voltage capability. Take the famous Profoto quality of light anywhere in the world
- New (optional) Profoto Air System technology replaces the sync cord, allowing the head to be remotely triggered from as much as 300 meters (1000 feet) away using a Profoto Air Remote or Air Sync transceiver (sold separately). Additionally, the D1 Air's syncing and complete functionality can be wirelessly controlled via your PC or Mac by using Profoto's Air USB and Studio Air systems
- High-visibility LED readout with 7 stop range in precise 1/10th stop increments
- 300W modeling lamp for a high ambient level on set and easy pre-visualization of final shot
Rapid recycling (Minimum 0.1 sec, Maximum 0.9 sec @ 120V
Minimum 0.1 sec, Maximum 0.8 sec @ 230V insures that fleeting gestures and defining moments are caught, not lost
- Super-short flash duration (1/1000 - 1/2600 sec.} provides crisp, action-stopping images, especially valuable for dance, sports and other highly kinetic subjects
- Highly consistent shot-to-shot performance within a +/- 0.05 stop range via dual-mode SMPS capacitor technology
- Safety features include Auto-diagnostic start-up circuitry, DDP pulse charging capacitor circuitry (Deep Discharge Protection), temperature control and overload protection
- Fully compatible with the extensive line of renowned Profoto light shaping tools