The professional Planon DocuPen RC850 Color, Pen-Sized, Full page scanner, offers selectable up to 600dpi resolution, full-page scanning in as little as 4 seconds per page, internal memory to store up to 100 scanned pages and expandable with Micro-SD memory. This pocket sized scanner connects to a computer via its USB port to transfer images and to recharge its battery.
The wand shape tucks easily into a coat pocket, laptop bag or purse. Unlike other pen scanners that can only scan one line at a time, the RC850 is a full-page scanner that can scan paper images, laptop or monitor displays, packages, signage, and more. It comes with PaperPort SE software, a great image editing and organizing tool for all your letters, receipts, pictures, business cards and also integrates with your Outlook, Word, Excel and other applications. The included ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR software bundle provides powerful functionality for converting images received from a scanner, a digital camera or by fax, into editable and searchable formats.
- Scan Anything in Color
- The DocuPen can be used to scan newspapers, magazines, books, notes, receipts, contracts, sketches, and other important documents in color and B & W. It will even scan laptop or monitor displays, labels, packages, signage and more.
- Scan Anywhere
- Use the DocuPen and scan anywhere and then view or print scans later. Its wand shape tucks easilty into a coat pocket, laptop bag or purse. Its small size and built-in battery means that you can capture quality scans at a courtroom, hotel lobby, schools, even while traveling on a plane, bus, train or car.
- Quick Scans/Selectable Resolution
- This full-page color scanner is fast. It can scan a full-page in as little as 4 seconds per page, at selectable resolutions up to 600dpi.
- Expandable Memory
- The RC850 has is capable of storing hundreds of pages into its expandable memory.
- Status Display
- The RC850 has a small status display attached to the top of the unit. Its LED lights indicate Speed, Color/B & W. Color Depth, High/Standard Resolution, Memory and Battery levels.
- Rechargeable Iithium-Ion Battery
- The DocuPen RC850 uses built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that allows the DocuPen to remain perpetually charged without utilizing a separate charging unit. Once a user plugs the DocuPen into a computer's USB port to download the scanned information, the scanner's batteries are automatically recharged.
- Dual Roller Guiding System
- The DocuPen RC850 offers a dual-roller guiding system to enhance the user experience by creating a smoother scanning operation and a more accurate scan. The dual-roller guiding system includes strategically placed rollers around the scanner lens to distribute operator's pressure evenly for smooth and easy scans.
- PaperPort Software
- The DocuPen comes with PaperPort SE software which is a great image editing and organizing tool for all your letters, receipts, pictures, business cards and also integrates with your Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop and other applications. After transferring your scanned documents you can easily print, fax & e-mail them as well as exporting them into different formats including BMP, JPG, PCX, DCX & TIFF. PaperPort also offered effective optical character recognition (OCR) and allows users to easily create PDFs from Windows applications, and supports document proofing with markup, redlining, editing, and image enhancement features.
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint Professional OCR Software
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint, is an easy-to-use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software that is the optimal alternative to manual data entry and typing. It is an ideal choice for professionals that want to save time and effort while producing excellent results. It provides powerful functionality for converting images received from a scanner, a digital camera or by fax, into editable and searchable formats. The program accurately retains formatting and layout of documents and supports a wide range of recognition languages and output file formats.