Probably, the best argument that can be made for investing in an industrial grade DVR like the Bosch DVR-16L-050A is its high degree of reliability. In manufacturing this recorder, Bosch made sure to use only the finest components, and then incorporated it with a supremely stable operating system that is also resilient to viruses and network infiltrators. And while it's true that a brand name DVR will cost you more, remember that your whole security operation, from camera viewing to recording to networking, rests on the health of the DVR.
- Efficient MPEG-4 Video Compression
- MPEG-4 is a tried and true compression method for use with DVRs. Its efficient way of handling data means you'll get great looking images without having to worry about prematurely running out of storage space or getting bogged down in a network traffic jam.
- Internal DVD Burner
- A built-in DVD writer greatly enhances this DVR's functionality as it allows you to quickly copy event material to an optical disc for viewing on a PC or for archiving purposes.
- Motion Detection & Alarm Inputs
- With advanced schedule and motion detection features, you can set the DVR to record only what you want and only when you want it.
- Biphase Camera Control
- Biphase connectors on the DVR will let you control multiple Bosch PTZ cameras over a single cable. Biphase technology supports a control range of 0.9 miles (1.5km). There is also a standard RS-485/422 port for controlling PTZ cameras from other manufacturers.