The 4TB My Book World Edition II External Hard Drive from Western Digital is an external network hard drive with remote data access capability. The drive is extremely easy to configure, removing the headaches associated with configuring network storage devices. The drive is compatible with Mac and Windows computers, and includes network backup software.
The dual-drive system features RAID capability. It comes configured as a RAID 1, which gives you 2TB of usable capacity due to real-time data mirroring. Data is written simultaneously to both physical disks, ensuring that no information is lost if either fails. It can also be configured as a RAID 0 for maximum performance with no data protection, a Spanned array, or a JBOD.
- Automatically backup data from all computers on your network
- Configure as a RAID 0, RAID 1, Span, or JBOD
- RAID 1 gives you real-time data protection at half capacity
- RAID 0 writes data to both disks simultaneously, delivering full capacity and maximum performance; the downside is that if either drive fails, all data is lost
- Span mode writes data to one disk until it is full, and then starts writing data to the next; this prevents you from losing all of your data if 1 of the 2 internal drives fails
- JBOD treats the 2 internal disks as separate volumes
- Restore lost, damaged, or older versions of files from backup via an intuitive software interface
- Access stored data over the Internet via the MioNet service
- Store your media and data on a central location, accessible from any computer on your network
- USB port for storage expansion
- Uses energy-efficient GreenPower WD drives
- Compatible with Windows and Mac