The Nikon 8.5x45 Monarch X is a fully loaded roof prism binocular with cutting edge design cues and an attractive price for the excellence in optics and handling that's delivered.
The 42mm Monarchs have been rather universally lauded as having generally no weakness; sharp, svelte, swift, and strong, they're just awfully good at everything and that's why they're so popular in the marketplace. The Monarch X adds some recent evolvements and gives you a few more precious millimeters of light gathering capacity while keeping the weight impressively low. Nikon employs their exclusive lead and arsenic free "Eco-Glass" for all the lens and prism elements here, and every surface receives several layers of sophisticated multicoatings. The prism coatings employed are Nikon's very best, borrowed from the >$1000 EDG.
All of Nikon's binocular line is backed up by the "No-Fault" lifetime warranty. Regardless of what happens to your binoculars, even of your own negligence, Nikon will repair or replace (at their option) your binocular for just $10 plus the return shipping costs.
- Fully multicoated optics giving contrasty, highly-resolving viewing
- Dielectric high-reflectivity prism coatings (previously available only upon the flagship EDG) raise entire-color-spectrum transmissivity
- Open bridge styling eases gripping of objective tubes
- Rubber armored, 100% waterproof housing
- Light polycarbonate construction reinforced with fiberglass and carbon fiber
- Smooth, enlarged center focus dial dominates bridge profile and is easily operated with gloves
- Soft thumb position depressions stay contoured to your particular digits for repeated use
- Eye relief of 20.6mm should be sufficient for any users
- Turning eyecups with multiple stopping positions
- 56-72mm Interpupillary distance adjustment range