The Coles 4104PTT Commentary Microphone is a ribbon microphone designed for commentary and speech capturing in noisy environments. A sensitive ribbon transducer is combined with a directional polar pattern and flat, low-cut frequency response at 16Hz. The result is accurate signal reproduction without noise caused by ambiance or proximity effect.
In order to minimize noise and achieve the best frequency response, the Lip Microphone requires the user to position the microphone close to the mouth. A positioning bar makes contact with the users lip and creates the correct talking distance between the user and microphone. Stainless steel breath shields protect the capsule against moisture and noise due to sibilance and plosive sounds. A removable, plastic hygiene shield is available and can be cleaned for reuse or thrown away.
- Noise Free In Ambient Environments
- The Coles 4104PTT Commentary Microphone is designed for commentary applications in noisy, ambient environments. Directional polar and linear frequency response with low-cut roll off result in accurate reproduction with minimal noise.
- Positioning Bar
- A ribbon transducer is featured in the capsule and requires close positioning to the mouth for best results. A positioning bar makes contact with the users lip and maintains the necessary talking distance.
- Push-to-Talk Button
- The integrated Push-to-Talk button ensures that you transmit only when you mean to. Simply press the PTT button, and the mic becomes active. It deactivates when the button is released, allowing you to talk behind-the-scenes.
- Low Frequency Roll-Off
- The Lip Microphone features a flat frequency response with a low-cut roll off at 16Hz. This eliminates low frequency ambient noise and noise due to proximity effect.