Formatt Blender Filters are for those who enjoy outdoor, scenic or architectural photography, Blenders are the perfect choice. Whether trying to affect color change or enhance a mood, Blenders give you the edge you need.
Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed. This filter enables cloud detail to be kept correctly exposed in the picture.
Blenders resemble traditional graduated filters except that they are colored on top with a gradual transition to more subtle at the bottom. Graduated filters transition somewhere in the middle of the filter.
Horizontal/Vertical indicates the direction of the graduation.
- HD (High Definition) Neutral Density Filters were created to satisfy the needs of the film industry that wanted a filter to minimize depth of field, yet, with the capability of shooting at wide apertures. It is an optically correct and clean neutral density filter specifically targeted for HD photography.
- Available in the same colors as graduated filters
- Interesting effects can be achieved using two different Blenders, (one upside down) one of which affects the top half of the image with the other affecting the bottom half
- Adding color excitement to a drab sky
- Changing the specific color in a scene to create a desired special effect
- Enhancing the existing color or creating subtle color drama
- Creating more balanced exposure in uneven lighting conditions