In designing the AXIS M3011 Network Camera, Axis Communications focused on making it as low profile as possible. Installed recessed inside a drop ceiling, the AXIS M3011 extends only 1.2" from the ceiling surface, making it a perfect choice for those needing the camera to maintain an extra measure of discreetness.
With regards to its network capabilities, the AXIS M3011 is a solid performer. An advanced sensor chip operates in conjunction with extensive electronic picture controls to produce consistently bright and sharp in a variety of lighting and scene situations. Multiple H.264 streams provide the necessary versatility in the data distribution process while keeping file sizes to a minimum. PoE technology eliminates the need for power cable runs, offering greater versatility in camera placement while reducing installation costs. A PoE midspan (1-port) is included.
- Discreet Drop Ceiling Installation
- AXIS M3011 is innovatively designed for quick and easy installation in drop ceilings. With its ultra-discreet fixed dome design, AXIS M3011 measures only 3.6" (9cm) wide and protrudes only 1.2" (3cm) from the ceiling. To suit interior design the cover ring is available in a range of colors.
- Powered by PoE
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) supplies power to the cameras via the network, eliminating the need for power cables and reducing installation costs.
- Progressive Scan Imager
- AXIS M3011 uses progressive scan, providing images of moving objects with no distortion.
- Versatile Compression Options
- Multiple H.264 streams, as well as Motion JPEG streams, can be provided simultaneously either in full frame rate or individually optimized for different quality needs and bandwidth constraints. AXIS M3011 also supports MPEG-4 Part 2 for backward compatibility.