The uniquely designed Sony HT-CT500 is your solution when you want a system that provides a big dynamic surround sound field in a small, easily set up package. It fills a room with rich, realistic sound from just two components: The Sound Bar and the subwoofer.
The Sound Bar contains three speaker drivers: one each for the front left and front right channels and one for the center channel. Each driver provides 100 watts of power as does the subwoofer for 400 watts total RMS power. So there's need to sacrifice audio oomph for the convenience and simplicity of the HT-CT500.
The Sound Bar can be wall-mounted, installed on an AV rack or, for an elegant and stylish look, directly to the TV stands of select Sony BRAVIA TVs. It's magnetically shielded so it won't interfere with CRTs (tube TVs and computer monitors).
Despite the small size of the Sound Bar (less than 38 inches wide and a scant 3 5/8 inches in height) this is a true home theater system. The Sound Bar is also an AV/receiver with 10 AM and 20 FM station presets.
Most of the inputs and outputs are on the subwoofer so the clean contemporary look of the Sound Bar isn't compromised by a cluster of cabling. Three HDMI inputs and three optical audio inputs allow you to connect a variety of high definition devices like your TV, Blu-ray Disc player and your PS2. But your older equipment isn't forgotten. Your DVDs and VHS tapes are automatically upscaled to 1080p, improving their images to near HD quality.
- Icon Based GUI
- With the graphical user interface icons appear on-screen and give simple feedback on use and set up features.
- Analog Video Upscaling to 1080p via HDMI
- Upscaling improves the picture of standard definition sources. Better image = greater enjoyment and new life to your DVDs and VHS tapes.
- Three HDMI Inputs (5 HD Inputs Total)
- Having more connection options offers a simple solution for you to access, connect and manage HD sources.
- Analog Upconversion to HDMI
- You need only one HDMI cable to connect to the TV. Without this feature any non-HDMI connected devices would have to have additional cables sent to the TV, i.e., component video input.
- On Screen Digital Media Port Control
- You can enjoy picture and sound from optional components (such as an iPod) connected to the subwoofer using the optional Digital Media Port adapter. On screen navigation and control gives you additional versatility when using the digital media port.
- 400 Watts RMS Total Power
- That's plenty of power to support movies, video games and music.
- BRAVIA Sync (HDMI CEC)
- BRAVIA Sync offers you the convenience of controlling multiple compatible components with a single remote control.
- HDMI Blending
- With HDMI blending you can access and adjust system settings while watching movies or TV.
- S-AIR Multi-Room Listening Ready
- You can add an optional Sony S-AIR wireless transmitter to the system and then send music wirelessly to optional S-AIR subunits to enjoy multi-room listening.