The Axis Communication AXIS M1011-W Network Camera is a small video surveillance unit ideal for discrete professional monitoring in small offices, restaurants, hotels, shops, and even residences. The camera is easy to install and offers a multiple H.264 stream capability.
Image Capture and Quality
- Image Sensor
- The M1011-W has a 1/4-inch progressive scan RGB VGA CMOS image sensor.
- The camera has a fixed iris, fixed focus lens (4.4 mm, F2.0) with a horizontal viewing angle of 47°.
- Progressive Scan
- The camera displays images by 'writing' on entire line on the screen at a time progressively. This results in a clear VGA picture without any blurring in moving objects.
- Resolution and Frame Rate
- The camera offers a 640x480 to 160x120 resolution. In the H.264, Motion JPEG, and MPEG-4 Part 2 compression standard, the camera delivers a frame rate of 30 fps (frames per second) in all resolutions.
- Backlight Compensation
- Backlight compensation adjusts video gain to correct the exposure when the object is in front of a bright light source.
- White Balance
- The white balance feature adjusts the red, green, and blue colors taking a standard white reference to get clear images.
- Low Light Functionality
- The 1/4-inch CMOS sensor enables the camera to function in light conditions as low as 1 Lux at F2.0.
- Image Settings
- The image settings that can be customized are compression, color, brightness, sharpness, contrast, white balance, exposure control, exposure zones, backlight compensation, fine tuning of behavior at low light, rotation, text and image overlay, and the privacy mask.
- Intelligent Motion Detection
- The M1011-W Network Camera's intelligent motion detection feature compares the current frame with a pre-determined standard frame to accurately trigger an alarm if motion is detected. On motion detection, the pre-/post- alarm images can either be sent to an FTP or HTTP server for uploading or to a specified email address.
- Video Buffer
- The pre-/post-alarm images are stored in a 16 MB video buffer.
Storage, Networking, and Security
- Compression Standard
- When capturing, storing, or transmitting images, the M1011-W supports multi-stream H.264, Motion JPEG, and MPEG-4 Part 2 compression standards, enabling less bandwidth and storage utilization than average MJPEG standards. It supports one H.264/MPEG-4 Part 2 stream in full frame rate and resolution and two Motion JPEG individually configured streams. Both the frame rate and bandwidth are controllable.
- Image Transmission Protocols
- The camera supports IPv4/v6, HTTP, HTTPS, QoS Layer 3 DiffServ, FTP, SMTP, Bonjour, UPnP, SNMPv1/v2c/v3(MIB-II), DNS, DynDNS, NTP, RTSP, RTP, TCP, UDP, IGMP, RTCP, ICMP, DHCP, ARP, and SOCKS transmission protocols.
- IP Filtering
- IP filtering restricts access to one or more user groups. User groups can be created with an IP address range being defined for each group.
- Password Protection
- Password usage restricts access to unauthorized persons.
- HTTPS Encryption
- HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) encryption scrambles the image data for added security.
- Digest Authentication
- The M1011-W uses a system where the network server authenticates a user request through a domain controller and then grants access to authorized users only.
- User Access Log
- The network camera maintains a log of all the users that were granted access to the camera image data on the network.
- API (Application Program Interface)
- Software integration is facilitated with an open API that includes VAPIX from Axis.