The Pentax K2000 SLR Digital Camera Kit with the 18-55mm Zoom Lens brings legendary Pentax image quality to the next generation of digital photographers in a compact, easy to use package. Perfect for photo enthusiasts or first time DSLR owners, the K2000 incorporates the latest imaging technology to capture stunning 10.2 megapixel photos at up to 3.5 frames per second. A built-in Help Button provides users with a clear explanation of all controls and settings and even offers insight into the fundamentals of photography. Advanced Shake Reduction and high ISO capability compensate for unwanted camera shake to always yield the best image quality possible.
The included 18-55mm zoom lens is perfect for wide-angle to medium telephoto photography. Perfect for everything from landscapes to portraits, this lens offers maximum flexibility and value. The camera's Auto Picture and Scene modes offer shooting ease, while advanced modes, such as the new Sensitivity Priority (Sv), allow photographers to grow with the camera. All of these impressive features are controlled by the Pentax PRIME image processing engine, which maximizes image properties and allows custom adjustment of individual image parameters.
Dust Reduction and Dust Alert features eliminate the need for time consuming retouching, and the cameras 2.7 inch high resolution, wide-view LCD panel allows for easy review of pictures and parameters with simple to read, large-sized menu lettering. All of these features and more are housed in an ultra-compact and lightweight body that's as easy to use as it is to carry.
- 10.2 Megapixel Resolution
- The K2000 features a large, APS-C size (23.5 x 15.7mm) CCD sensor to produce beautiful, true-to-life images with rich color and fine detail.
- Ultra-compact, Lightweight & Durable
- The compact and lightweight design of the K2000 makes it perfect for the photographer transitioning from a point-and-shoot to a digital SLR. With easy one-handed operation, the body is comfortable to hold and easy to carry. Despite its compact size, the K2000 is still a robust camera with a tactile, purposeful build.
- Advanced Shake Reduction Technology
- The Pentax Shake Reduction (SR) System is an electromagnetically controlled stabilizer built into the body to ensure shake-free photos with any lens. Unlike traditional two-way stabilization systems, SR compensates for movement in three directions--horizontal, vertical, and rotational. By detecting handheld camera shake, sharpness is dramatically increased when using telephoto lenses, working under low light conditions or in any instance where unwanted shake may affect a photograph.
- Compatible with All Pentax Interchangeable Lenses
- Over the last 60 years, Pentax has manufactured over 25 million lenses. The K2000 can use them all. The camera provides backward compatibility with K, KA, KAF and KAF2 mount lenses directly and is also compatible with screw-mount 35mm-format lenses and Pentax 645 and 67 system lenses with optional adapters. Whichever lens you choose, be assured that your photos will show the warmth, style, and beauty of the Pentax optical system.
- Dedicated Help Button
- No manual? No problem. The dedicated Help Button on the K2000 gives you one touch access to simple explanations of all controls and settings. Perfect for first time DSLR users, this unique feature even offers insight into the fundamentals of photography.
- Powered by AA Batteries
- The K2000 is powered by 4x AA Batteries and is fully compatible with single use lithium and alkaline type batteries as well as rechargeable NiMH type batteries. Fresh AA lithium batteries will provide enough power to capture 1650 images (or over 500 images with flash use 50% of the time), and can provide about 700 minutes of playback time. Plus, AA power can be found anywhere in the world, making the K2000 travel friendly.