With a host of great improvements upon an already-beloved scope (the Fieldscope III ED), the EDG Fieldscope 16-48x65 Spotting Scope from Nikon is a streamlined, cutting-edge spotting scope for the most demanding of birders, hunters, and nature enthusiasts. It is a scope that can accompany you upon an arduous, all-day hike without weighing you down, and will provide you with incredible images to both observe and/or capture with a digital camera through nearly any lighting conditions.
In creating the 65mm EDG, Nikon employed all of the optical improvements found in the incredible EDG binoculars. As great as the Fieldscope III was, and remains, the EDG is indeed that bit brighter, whiter, and of higher edge contrast when compared directly.
The Fieldscope 65mm EDG is produced in both a straight and an angled viewing version, and which you choose should depend upon your observing tendencies. Most would agree that angled scopes are more comfortable for extended observing sessions, and that using the angled scope is significantly easier when sharing amongst multiple observers of varied heights. They do require more experience to quickly locate subjects, and are also a hair taller, longer, and heavier. The Nikon Fieldscope EDG arrives to you with a Vue-Thru case with strap, as well as a premium 16-48x zoom eyepiece.
- Several layers of anti-reflective multicoatings applied to each carefully-constructed optical surface
- Objective made from ecologically-sensitive, lead and arsenic free ED (extra-low dispersion) glass
- Newly-developed eyepiece line featuring 6 brilliant fixed-magnification models
- Broad, ribbed focusing dial wraps around the entire scope
- Fast, definitive bayonet eyepiece fitting
- Retractable hood with sightline
- Rotating tripod collar has detented click stops every 90° to ease use with side-mounted gimbal heads
- 3 1/4"-20 threaded tripod sockets improve balance options when digiscoping
- All of Nikon's spotting scope line is backed up by the "No-Fault" lifetime warranty. Regardless of what happens to your scope-even of your own negligence-Nikon will repair or replace (at their option) your scope for just $10 plus the return shipping costs.