The Gitzo GM3340L Monopod is a classic aluminum Series 3 offering, made for use with larger gear such as a 300mm f/2.8 lens with SLR, flash bracket, etc. Fit and finish are exemplary, and you should expect nothing less from the industry's finest brand.
At its 5'1" maximum height, the GM3340L will put an SLR's viewfinder just at the eye level for the average user; if you're particularly tall or need to shoot above crowds, consider instead the GM3350XL model.
Gitzo's made changes to their aluminum, and it is now 30% lighter than previous Gitzo models of the same size. The 1.2mm thick tubing is finished in a brushed matte black, and it now sports Gitzo's "ALR" anti-rotation design for their locks so that you can deploy and retract the monopod quicker than ever.
Gitzo's GM3340L has a built-in combination wrist strap and belt clip, which allows you to hang your 'pod on your belt or pocket when you need both your hands.
- Maximum upper leg segment diameter of 32mm; appropriate for large SLRs and large telephoto lenses
- Gitzo's "ALR" Anti Leg Rotation design prohibits segments from rotating; they can only move directly up or down
- Gitzo's "G-Lock" is the industry's strongest locking mechanism
- Gitzo "Power Disc" top plate with anti-twist safety screws to affix head/lens collar to disc and disc to monopod stem
- Combination wrist strap/belt clip
- Rounded hard rubber leg tip can be exchanged for optional G1220.129B or G1220.129LB ground spikes
- Made in Italy