With exceptional digital surround sound and HD video imagery, the Panasonic introduces its DMR-EH58 Multi-System, Multi-Zone DVD-Recorder. It combines superb functionality and versatility with abilities to record up to 441 hours with the built-in 250GB hard disc drive or onto DVD-R/W, DVD-R DL, and DVD-RAM discs. Your current DVD library will look and sound better than ever before, because it's a backward-compatible player, capable of upconverting your DVDs to 1080p HD through the HDMI output. It features a DV (IEEE) input, progressive scan-component video output, Viera Link Control, and PAL/NTSC recording capabilities.
Moreover, the DMR-EH58 offers high-quality audio reproduction that will be hard to match. It features Dolby Digital and DTS audio decoding, 96KHz/24-bit audio processing, and an optical digital audio output for connectivity to your 5.1-channel home theater receiver. Additionally, it offers Virtual Multi-Encode system, which realizes 500 lines of resolution in XP, and SP modes. With world-wide features such as PAL/SECAM TV tuners, quick-start and one-touch recording, hi-speed dubbing, simultaneous recording/playback capabilities, and connectivity to virtually any A/V source, your entertainment choices are endless with the Panasonic DMR-EH58.
Note! Must be played back on a multi-system TV to view PAL DVDs in the US. This item is imported and it is not supported by a MFR warranty. To support this product B&H Photo provides a 90 day warranty.
- Internal 250GB Hard Disk Drive
- The DMR-EH58's internal hard drive offers up to 36 hours of XP-Mode (high-resolution) recording time, and up to an amazing 441 hours of EP mode (low resolution) recording time.
- HDMI Output with 1080p Upconversion
- It has a high-bandwidth processor capable of transferring 720p/1080i and 1080p through the HDMI output. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
- Dolby Digital and DTS Decoders
- This recorder offers built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 96KHz. Use the coaxial digital audio output to connect the unit to your home theater receiver and enjoy full Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound entertainment.
- DV (IEEE 1394) Input
- Simply connect your digital video camera to the DV input terminal, and you're ready to record images onto the internal hard disk drive or a DVD recordable disc.
- Recordable DVD Media
- Record your favorite TV shows or home movies onto DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, and DVD-RAM DVD discs.
- Multi-Format Player
- Don't worry about limited playback capabilities, the DMR-EH58 can play DVD-Video, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM, and VCD discs. Also, you can play your favorite songs from CDs or MP3 files, and JPEG images.
- Viera Link Control
- This is a convenient feature that offers linked operation (through the HDMI connection) of this unit and Panasonic with Viera Link Control. When connected, you can turn on your unit and television, and start playing a disc in the play position with a single press of a button.
- TBC and 3D DNR Technology
- With its built-in TBC and 3D DNR circuitry, the DMR-EH58 performs an advanced signal conversion that provides optimum picture playback by reducing unwanted jitter.
- Progressive Scan
- This is a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- High-Performance Outputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, the DMR-EH58 features a component video output for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and an optical digital audio output for high-quality audio playback.
- DivX Home Theater Certified
- DivX is video compression software which enables high quality video to be compressed into very small files then downloaded onto CD-R or CD-RW and played back with very little loss of quality.
- PAL and SECAM TV Tuners
- It offers built-in PAL and SECAM television tuners, capable of recording your favorite (PAL/SECAM signal) TV show. This unit is capable of recording an NTSC signal with the use of a video standards converter.
- Full-Feature Remote Control
- This unit includes a full-feature remote control capable of executing specific commands such as function menu, slow motion, and fast scan. It's also able to execute every command from any angle up to ±30°.