The VMDA-4/M from Wohler is a professional-quality device that provides full-range monitoring of analog and digital audio. The VMDA-4 is indispensable for monitoring incoming feeds in television news and talk radio, machine room VTRs and edit bays, and in commercial and industrial security and teleconferencing systems. Its light weight and shallow depth make it ideal for mobile vehicle applications.
In a single rack space, the VMDA-4 enables you to monitor from one to four stereo analog signals, or four AES audio sources. Each of the 4 sources have an illuminated push-button. With analog sources you can push multiple buttons simultaneously for summed monitoring. A separate illuminated button allows you switch between the analog and digital sources. If you quickly tap this button, the speakers will be muted and the button will blink.
In the event that phase cancellation should threaten the stereo/mono audio material, the VMDA-4 is equipped with LED warning lights to alert the operator. Internal left, right, and woofer speakers, a headphone jack, and two 10-segment LED meters allow you to monitor the audio. The VMDA-4 is a great compact and portable solution when you need to reliably monitor multiple analog and digital audio sources.
- High fidelity analog and digital audio monitoring in a compact, rack-mountable design
- Two vertical 10-segment three color LED bargraph level meters
- Select up to four analog or digital sources for monitoring in a single device
- Limiters prevent accidental damage to the internal speakers from high level inputs
- Volume and left/right balance controls (balance control can be configured to be a second volume control)
- Headphone jack mutes the internal speakers when in use
- Internal universal switching power supply