The VMDA-SUM8 from Wohler is a professional-quality device that provides stereo or mono summed monitoring of analog and digital audio sources. It's a powerful tool for monitoring incoming satellite links, VTR bays, and commercial/industrial teleconferencing systems. Its lighter weight and shallow depth make it ideal for mobile vehicle applications.
In a single rack space, the VMDA-SUM8 enables you to monitor 8 monaural or 4 stereo analog or digital signals summed together simultaneously. Each of the 8 sources have a dedicated volume knob, and a recessed trim pot on the front panel serves as a master volume control. The user can choose either digital AES/EBU or regular analog for each of the 8 input channels.
The VMDA-SUM8 is equipped with an LED power indication light and a headphone jack on the front panel. Internal left and right speakers allow you to monitor the selected audio sources. The VMDA-SUM8 is a great compact and portable solution when you need to reliably monitor multiple analog and digital audio sources.
- Analog and digital audio monitoring of up to 8 simultaneous summed sources in a compact, rack-mountable design
- When set up for stereo operation, input channels 1, 3, 5, and 7 get summed left and channels and 2, 4, 6, and 8 get summed right
- Separate volume controls for each of the 8 sources
- A depth of only 4.5" (114.3 mm) makes it ideal for mobile vehicle production
- Headphone jack and internal speakers for monitoring
- Operates in either stereo or mono