Live 8 from Ableton is music production software that provides the ability to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. The software integrates loop-based and linear production methods, includes unique virtual instruments and effects and presents them together in a single interface.
Enhancements to Live 8 include a Groove Engine that can apply groove patterns in real time, extract grooves from audio or MIDI sources, quantize audio and MIDI in real time, and also comes with a new groove library. Warp Mode has been enhanced to allow adjusting the events themselves directly on the timeline. An integrated Looper delivers classic tape style sound-on-sound looping with one-touch operation. An optional footswitch allows for remote operation of the module. Multiple Loopers can run simultaneously without any synchronization issues.
Live 8 includes 5 new effects - Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter and Frequency Shifter. Workflow enhancements include real-time crossfades in the Arrangement view, a MIDI editor that features step recording and editing improvements, and track grouping, among many other workflow improvements.
Note! This pricing is for registered users of Live Lite who wish to upgrade to the full version of Live 8.
- Live 8
- Multi-track recording up to 32-bit/192kHz
- Complete nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files, for improvisation and instant remixing
- Provides the ability to "Freeze" tracks to conserve CPU resources. The tracks can still be edited while frozen, including automation, cut, copy, paste, duplicate and trim
- A comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs
- Groove patterns can be applied to any audio or MIDI clips in real time. Change the feel of the whole piece or just selected clips
- Extract groove patterns from any audio or MIDI source to build a custom groove library from favorite tracks
- Intuitive warping allows for adjusting events on the timeline instead of stretching and squeezing the timeline around the events
- Live analyzes and assigns handles to the transients in audio files automatically
- Looper brings the creative power of classic, tape based sound-on-sound looping
- Provides instrument, drum and effect racks for creating and managing complex performance setups, drum kits and multi-effects
- VST and Audio Units effects and instruments support plus automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
- Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
- Real-time control of parameters with any MIDI controller
- Full ReWire support
- Multi-core and multi-processor support
- Essential Instrument Collection 2
- Multi-gigabyte library of meticulously sampled and selected instruments created in cooperation with SONiVOX and Chocolate Audio
- Offers a choice selection of acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, bass, drums, orchestral strings, brass, woodwinds and more
- All instruments are meticulously multi-sampled in a variety of velocities and articulations
- All instruments are perfectly integrated into Ableton Live's workflow
- All instruments take advantage of SmartPriming, a resource-efficient sample engine, allowing users to work with an impressive number of instruments by off-loading unused samples in a particular instrument
- Each instrument includes both a version for high-quality production and a version for CPU conservation