Fiber optics can be seen as the gold standard in cable transmission. Compared to metal-based cables (e.g. RCA, BNC, UTP), fiber optic wiring links are far less susceptible to signal attenuation and are also immune to electromagnetic interference. The result is that fiber can be strung over much greater distances before needing amplification. Just as important is the higher bandwidths supported by fiber optic - up to 111 Gbps per light channel, though 10 or 40 Gbps is more often the norm. Finally, it is virtually impossible to illicitly tap into a fiber cable the way that can be done with copper-based cables. The Pelco FR8308SSTR highlights all of these attributes in an industrial grade yet uncomplicated device. As such, it is the tool of choice for demanding security applications needing the ability to send large amounts of data, over long distances, and in a secure manner.
- 8-Bit Digitally Encoded Video
- Thanks to an 8-bit digital encoding process, this unit is able to maintain superb video quality with the level of sharpness and color depth expected in demanding security environments.
- Conforms to RS-250C Standards
- This unit exceeds all requirements for the RS-250C medium-haul transmission specifications.
- No Adjustments Required
- With no dials or switches to adjust this unit offers very straightforward operation. Simply plug in the power and signal cables and this unit will automatically configure itself for maximum performance. Built into the unit are LED lights indicating signal status, laser status and operating power.
- Optional Multiple Rack Box Available
- To save desktop space and for better power management, you can install this unit in an RK5000 series rack chassis. You can get the RK5000PS-3U 19" rack chassis, which holds 12 fiber modules and also has a built-in power supply that provides electricity to all modules. Or you can get the RK5000PS-3U rack chassis, which has room for 14 fiber modules but does not come with a built-in power supply.