One of the great things about a Pelco Spectra dome system is the ability to add components as needed without having to purchase a whole new system. The Pelco FS85011SFC is a fiber optic transmission board specifically designed for installation inside a Spectra III series back box. With this card in place, you'll be able to send pristine quality video along with bidirectional RS-422 and Coaxitron control signals over fiber optic. When compared to copper-based cables (i.e. BNC, RCA, UTP), fiber optic suffers very little signal attenuation and is completely immune to electromagnetic interference. It is also virtually impossible to illicitly tap into a fiber cable in the way that can be done with metal-based cables. What all this means to you is that you'll get to send large amounts of data, over long distances, and in a secure manner.
This board can also be used with an ExSite explosion proof positioning system, but requires installation at the Pelco factory.
Note! Compatible with FR85011 series receivers
- 8-Bit Digital Encoding
- Thanks to an 8-bit digital encoding process, this unit is able to maintain superb video quality with the level of sharpness and color depth expected in demanding security environments.
- Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM)
- By modulating the wavelengths of light, WDM technology allows both video and control signals to be sent over a single fiber.
- Conforms to RS-250C Standards
- This unit exceeds all requirements for the RS-250C medium-haul transmission specifications.
- No Performance Adjustments Required
- This unit is designed to attain peak performance without requiring any adjustments on your part.