The FT82041MSCR-1 Unmanaged Ethernet Switch (Transmitter) from Pelco is the transmitter in a distribution system designed to convert data signals and transport them over extended distances using fiber-optic cable. It offers (4) 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet data ports and (1) 100Base-FX Ethernet data port. This model uses multi-mode (62.5/125 um) fiber with an SC fiber-optic connector. It is capable of achieving transmission distances of up to 1.2 miles.
This solution uses wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) to manage bidirectional data over a single fiber. Port functions for 10Base-T/100Base-TX data are user selectable. An auto MDI/MDI-X feature allows each RJ-45 port to connect to either a straight-through or crossover RJ-45 cable.
Its link-down detection feature propagates a link-down status among all 10Base-T/100Base-TX and 100Base-FX ports connected in the network when any link goes down. When this happens, all ports are disabled and data transmission halts until the faulty link is restored.
This solution is modular in design. It can be used as a standalone module or mounted in an equipment rack. A number of separately available accessories, such as mount kits and power supplies, allow you to customize it to meet your specific needs
Note! This unit must be paired with a receiver in order to form a complete solution.
- Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
- This unit offers (4) 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet data ports and (1) 100Base-FX Ethernet data port.
- Fiber-Optic Transport
- It achieves extended cable runs by transporting signals over fiber-optic cable.
- Wavelength Division Multiplexing
- It uses wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) to manage bidirectional data over a single fiber.
- User-Selectable Functions
User-selectable 10Base-T/100Base-TX port functions include:
- Auto-negotiation Between 10Mbps and 100Mbps data rates
- Auto-negotiation between full-duplex and half-duplex modes
- 10Mbps or 100Mbps selectable
- Full-duplex or half-duplex mode selectable
- Enabling/disabling of flow control
- MDI/MDI-X Feature
- An auto MDI/MDI-X (Medium Dependent Interface/Medium Dependent Interface Crossover) feature allows each RJ-45 port to connect to either a straight-through or crossover RJ-45 cable.
- Link-Down Detection
- Its link-down detection feature propagates a link-down status among all ports connected in the network when any link goes down.
- This unit is compliant with IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3x standards.
- Laser Diode
- It features a laser diode for transmission of optical signals.
- Environmental Standards
- It is designed to Meet NEMA TS 2 and Caltrans Traffic Signal Control Equipment Environmental Standards.
- LED Indicators
- LED indicators are included to provide a visual indicator of line status and function.
- Standalone or Rackmount
- Use this unit as a standalone solution or place it in your rack by using a separately available rackmount kit.
- Separately available accessories can be purchased to customize this solution to meet your exact needs.