The SSA 2B from Tube Tech is a stereo summing amplifier that accepts up to 10 stereo pairs of input channels and sums them down to a single stereo output. The first 2 stereo pairs can be reconfigured as 4 mono inputs ready for hard-center panned tracks such as kick, snare, bass and lead vocals.
For users of Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) that experience dissatisfaction with the sound of the internal digital-summing of their systems, the SSA 2B provides a solution. By combining the best of both the digital and analog worlds - the convenience of digital editing and repeatability, with the subjective "warmth" of an analog console's 2-bus summing action, the unit is able to deliver a more open, clear and punchier sound.
The SSA 2A is a symmetrical two-stage amplifier, designed around 2, dual low impedance and high transconductance triodes. The output stage is designed around 2 dual triodes in push-pull configurations, and an output transformer. Both the summing amplifiers and the output amplifiers are symmetrical.
Note! It is important that the any unused mono input be connected to an output or terminated by shorting plugs to prevent additional noise
- Tube based summing amplifier with 10 stereo-channel inputs and 2 outputs
- First 2 stereo inputs can be switched to function as 4 mono inputs
- Inputs are capable of handling extremely high input levels
- Outputs are balanced and have fully floating transformers
- 23-step gold plated output gain control
- Fully symmetrical circuitry from input to output
- Zero field transformer balanced inputs
- Two large VU meters display output level