The SSA 2B from Tube Tech is a stereo summing amplifier that accepts up to 10 stereo pairs of input channels and sums them down to a single stereo output. The first 2 stereo pairs can be reconfigured as 4 mono inputs ready for hard-center panned tracks such as kick, snare, bass and lead vocals.
For users of Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) that experience dissatisfaction with the sound of the internal digital-summing of their systems, the SSA 2B provides a solution. By combining the best of both the digital and analog worlds - the convenience of digital editing and repeatability, with the subjective "warmth" of an analog console's 2-bus summing action, the unit is able to deliver a more open, clear and punchier sound.
The SSA 2A is a symmetrical two-stage amplifier, designed around 2, dual low impedance and high transconductance triodes. The output stage is designed around 2 dual triodes in push-pull configurations, and an output transformer. Both the summing amplifiers and the output amplifiers are symmetrical.
Note: It is important that the any unused mono input be connected to an output or terminated by shorting plugs to prevent additional noise
- Tube based summing amplifier with 10 stereo-channel inputs and 2 outputs
- First 2 stereo inputs can be switched to function as 4 mono inputs
- Inputs are capable of handling extremely high input levels
- Outputs are balanced and have fully floating transformers
- 23-step gold plated output gain control
- Fully symmetrical circuitry from input to output
- Zero field transformer balanced inputs
- Two large VU meters display output level