The Porta-Trace Porta-Scope Handheld Digital Microscope is shaped much like a typical writing instrument, making it rather easy to use intuitively almost immediately. Powered by LED illumination which you can continually adjust with a small dial near your fingertips, the Porta-Scope zooms from 10x to 200x and usually provides more working distance between you and the subject than many of the digital microscopes. A clear protector on the front of the device intends to prohibit accidentally bringing your scope into contact with your specimen. The Porta-Scope comes with Windows-based software, and its output via the USB cable is a standard 1280 x 1024 resolution file. Though Porta-Scope was designed for handheld use first, it does also come with a dedicated stand.
- Handheld digital microscope with intuitive zoom, focus, and lighting controls
- Excellent for hobbies/collecting, assembly/repair, and small-scale engineering work
- Powered entirely from the USB socket
- Adjustable-intensity LED illumination
- Provides enhanced working distances; ~6" at 10x, and 0.5" @ 50x
- Includes table stand and dedicated software