The Sony BD-R Blu-ray Recordable Disc is a write-once, single layer disc. Single-layer Blu-ray discs record 25GB of data, which is equivalent to 5+ standard DVDs.
The Blu-ray format is heavily supported by Hollywood's movie studios, and eventually as the DVD format is superseded it will be the default disc format for the release of films. Beyond the muscle of the studios behind it, the Blu-ray format delivers higher resolution video and better sound, and all Blu-ray discs have a hard external coating that is extremely resistant to scratches which would affect the access of the recorded information.
These particular Sony Blu-ray discs (a spindled package of 50) have a top surface which is optimized for printing with inkjet and hub printers.
- Write-once, single-sided, single-layer recordable Blu-ray disc
- Optimized for inkjet and hub printing
- Exceptional performance of Sony's "AccuCORE" technology, which aims to deliver accurate, reliable, and compatible information capture
- 2+ hours of high-definition video capacity, or 23 hours of standard definition video
- Sony's 'Scratch Guard' hard coating protects against scratches and prevents dust and stains
- Blu-ray discs have high temperature/humidity durability and a high-precision disc structure
- Compatible with Blu-ray disc recording and playback equipment