The Kobold SUB 50-1 200/400 AC Open Face HMI All Weather Kit is built around the IP54 rated, weather-proof DW 200 and DW 400 lamp bases which withstand water splashing on their housings from any direction without harmful effect. The optimized design of the reflector achieves a high light output and a homogeneous illumination. The ergonomically positioned focusing knob enables focusing of 14-51° and 15-45° respectively.This daylight fixture has a solid design, compact dimensions and maximum reliability for all applications in the studio and on location.
When the Kobold EWB-200 or EWB 400/575 AC Ballast is connected to a 85-265VAC source, this weather-resistant ballast will provide dimmable power to your 200W or 400W fixture via its included head-to-ballast cable.
Completing this kit are an open face reflector and 4-leaf barn door for each head, 200 Watt HMI lamp, 400 Watt HMI lamp and an airline case.
DW200 and DW400 Fixtures
- Use the rotary knob on the rear of the fixture to adjust focus; note the corresponding "flood" and "spot" symbols on the fixture label indicating the adjustment directions.
- Open Face Reflector
- Installation is quick and without any tools, due to a locking mechanism. The optimized design of this reflector achieves a high light output and a homogeneous illumination.
- Barn Door Set
- To place the barn door on the fixture, slip it onto the impressed section of the ring and secure it with the knurled screw located opposite the recess. Pull the knurled screw and let it spring back into place; then tighten it to secure the barn door.
- Hot Restrike
- Socket and switches are equipped to allow switching the fixture on and off repeatedly without the delay of waiting for the bulb to cool.
- The required light output can be set (100 - 60% adjustment range) with the power regulator.
- Color temperature can change with the power output depending on the type of lamp used.
- Easy Connection
To connect the ballast unit to the fixture just plug in the corresponding connection.
- To disconnect, press the security mechanism on the socket before pulling out the plug.
- LED Display
- Red and Green LEDs continuously monitor operation, indicate voltage changes and employ thermo protection, power reduction and even shut-down if necessary.
- Water-resistant IP rated components: IP 54 (Lampheads), IP 43 (Ballasts) with strengthened insulation for additional protection.
- Ignition overload protection
- Temperature monitor
- Convection cooling
- Meets CE Standards
- Light Shapers
- Four leaf barn door set helps shape the light
- Optional Full and double scrim help control the intensity
- Optional Diffusion or CTO Conversion Filters