The Feedback Ferret D from Peavey is a special stereo processor that locates and suppresses frequencies that are feeding back in a sound system. When plugged in between the main outputs of a mixer and the power amplifier of a PA system, 16 digital filters analyze the audio for offending feedback frequencies. Custom algorithms help the Feedback Ferret D distinguish between music and feedback loops. When feedback is detected, the troublesome frequencies are instantly suppressed without interrupting the program material.
The Feedback Ferret D can be used time and time again without the need to adjust its parameters, making it a great "set-and-forget" problem solver for sound installations. It can operate in dual channel stereo mode, or in dual mono mode to fight feedback in two separate audio chains. A "defeat" switch on the rear panel locks the controls on the front panel. The Feedback Ferret D can also be set up to recall the last settings used, or revert back to preset 1 on power up. You can save 4 different presets.
- Dynamically suppresses feedback using sophisticated "search & destroy" filters that find, lock in and kill offending frequencies
- Sixteen individual filters can operate simultaneously (eight dynamically react to input changes)
- Stereo or "dual mono" operation which enables 32 dynamically-controlled filters
- Set-and-Forget operation in fixed installations such as churches and auditoriums
- Four presets for your most common performance venues
- Rear panel defeat button locks the front panel controls
- Extra "panic" filters for quick control of sudden, severe feedback
- Balanced XLR and TRS inputs and outputs
- 24-bit converters and a sample rate of 48 kHz