Rapture is a plug-in virtual instrument from Cakewalk that generates sound using a 6-part engine containing multi-mode wavetable oscillators. The wavetables provide a virtually endless array of sonic possibilities and each oscillator can be multiplied up to 9 times across the stereo field, creating very large sounds.
The software comes with over 500 programs capable of producing rich, hypnotic and rhythmic basses, leads and pads. A non-aliasing, re-sampling engine produces pristine, high-resolution playback. Its modulation capabilities include over 40 Step Generators per patch, providing an intuitive interface for generating rhythmic sequences.
Rapture is perfect for designing and performing the synthesized sounds used in current pop, dance and electronic music. The instrument is supplied in all the major plug-in formats for both Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista.
Note! This package is an educational discount for school and educational institutions only (not for individual students). Proof of status is required.
- Wavetable synthesizer with advanced sound manipulation capabilities, well suited for electronica-related music styles
- Non-aliasing resampling engine technology for pristine sound quality
- Over five hundred professionally crafted sound programs
- 6 fully-programmable stereo sound-generating elements
- Oscillators with multi-waveform and ring modulation functions
- DSP stage of two 16-mode filters per oscillator with LoFi and Drive section
- DSP stage with up to 42 EGs, LFOs and Step Generators for advanced parameter modulation
- Advanced MIDI Modulation Matrix
- Mix and modulate all elements through global FX and dynamic Step Generator
- Ultimate sound expandability with native support for the SFZ family of sample formats