Fiber optics can be seen as the gold standard in data and video transmission cables. Compared to metal-based cables (e.g. RCA, BNC, UTP), fiber optic wiring links are far less susceptible to signal attenuation and are also immune to electromagnetic interference. The result is that fiber can be routed over much greater distances before needing amplification. Just as important is the higher bandwidths supported by fiber optic - up to 111Gbps per light channel, though 10Gbps or 40Gbps is most often utilized. Finally, it is virtually impossible to illicitly tap into a fiber cable the way that can be done with copper-based cables. The Pelco CR8304SSTR highlights all of these attributes in an industrial grade yet uncomplicated device. As such, it is the tool of choice for demanding security applications needing the ability to send large amounts of data, over long distances, and in a secure manner.
Note: Optional powered rack chassis available (RK5000-3U / RK5000PS-3U)
- Conformal Coating
- Because of its conformal coating, this fiber module can be used in environments with relative humidity above 95% (condensing).
- 8-Bit Digital Encoding
- Thanks to an 8-bit digital encoding process, this unit is able to maintain superb video quality with the level of sharpness and color depth expected in demanding security environments.
- Conforms to RS-250C Standards
- This unit exceeds all requirements for the RS-250C medium-haul transmission specifications.
- No Performance Adjustments Required
- This unit is designed to attain peak performance without requiring any adjustments on your part.
- Optional Multi-Unit Powered Rack Box Available
- To save desktop space and for better power management, you can install this unit in an RK5000 series rack chassis. The Pelco RK5000PS-3U 19" rack chassis holds 12 fiber modules and also has a built-in power supply that provides electricity to all modules. There's also the RK5000PS-3U rack chassis, which has room for 14 fiber modules but does not come with a built-in power supply.