The 1038CF from Genelec is a powerful active monitoring system designed to be used as the main monitor in a medium-sized control room. The speaker enclosure houses a pair of 8" bass drivers, a 5" midrange driver, and a 1" metal dome tweeter to provide a full, detailed frequency response. The midrange driver and tweeter are housed in Genelec's unique Directivity Control Waveguide, which provides terrific imaging and balance. The DCW can be rotated, allowing you to mount the speaker in a vertical or horizontal position.
The cabinet can be mounted on a wall, or flush mounted into the wall, as well as be used as a freestanding speaker. A set of 3 internal amplifiers provide plenty of power for a strong, distortion-free performance. Rear-panel DIP-switches let you customize the monitor's response to match your working environment. Input is via a standard XLR input for wide compatibility. Each speaker element is magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors and other electronics.
- Professional-quality main monitor for medium-sized control rooms
- Pair of 8" bass drivers, a 5" midrange driver, and a 1" metal dome tweeter provide a full frequency response
- Directivity Control Waveguide provides excellent imaging and detail, and can be rotated for horizontal or vertical mounting
- Speaker cabinet can be left freestanding, mounted on a wall, or flush mounted in a wall
- A set of 3 amplifiers provide a total combined power of 420W
- Standard XLR input for wide compatibility
- Tone controls let you adjust the speaker to your acoustic environment
- Magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors and other electronics