Understanding the Canon Speedlite 580 EX II/430 EX II - Flash photography is an entirely different world. However, in this DVD, the presenter, Tim Mantoani takes you through the basics and then some. In a step by step style, you'll learn what your flash can do, where it comes in handy and how to take full advantage of its characteristics and features.
Using a series of real world examples, you'll become more familiar with flash photography and learn how to use it to take your images to the next level.
About the Author: Tim Mantoani has been a professional photographer for over twenty years. Shooting everything from professional athletes and celebrities to fashion and products, his work has appeared in numerous national ad campaigns and magazines.
Note! This DVD uses the same material as the original 580 EX/430 EX DVD. Demonstrations of Speedlite operations have been updated to show the 580 EX II/430 EX II models
- Flash exposure compensation
- The flash as key or fill light
- FP or high speed sync operation
- Slow sync demystified
- Controlling hard or soft light
- Auto and manual zoom control
- Flash bracketing
- Flash exposure lock
- Controlling flash from the camera
- Manual mode and exposure compensation
- Wireless operation
- A:B and C groups: why and how
- Group ratios
- Getting the flash off the camera
- First and second curtain sync
- Stroboscopic mode
- And much more...