Understanding the Canon Speedlite 580 EX II/430 EX II - Flash photography is an entirely different world. However, in this DVD, the presenter, Tim Mantoani takes you through the basics and then some. In a step by step style, you'll learn what your flash can do, where it comes in handy and how to take full advantage of its characteristics and features.
Using a series of real world examples, you'll become more familiar with flash photography and learn how to use it to take your images to the next level.
About the Author: Tim Mantoani has been a professional photographer for over twenty years. Shooting everything from professional athletes and celebrities to fashion and products, his work has appeared in numerous national ad campaigns and magazines.
Note: This DVD uses the same material as the original 580 EX/430 EX DVD. Demonstrations of Speedlite operations have been updated to show the 580 EX II/430 EX II models
- Flash exposure compensation
- The flash as key or fill light
- FP or high speed sync operation
- Slow sync demystified
- Controlling hard or soft light
- Auto and manual zoom control
- Flash bracketing
- Flash exposure lock
- Controlling flash from the camera
- Manual mode and exposure compensation
- Wireless operation
- A:B and C groups: why and how
- Group ratios
- Getting the flash off the camera
- First and second curtain sync
- Stroboscopic mode
- And much more...