Packed with a powerful 1000 watt amplifier, a tough yet professional looking exterior, and some really flexible input and output mixing capabilities, the K10 from QSC stands out as a great option in the active loudspeaker market. Since powered speakers get used in many different kinds of ways, the K10 has been equipped to adapt to any situation.
You can use the K10 as a stand-alone PA system, without the need for an external mixer. Simply attach a microphone directly into its XLR combo input, and if needed, attach a second sound source to the other XLR combo input, and a third source (such as an MP3 player) to the RCA stereo input. There are two gain knobs that you can use to balance the mix, and a dedicated XLR output that outputs the mixed signal to a second K10 or any other active loudspeaker. For more involved professional installations, there are designated suspension points and kits available, and a Euroblock connector to remotely control the gain.
The back panel features a couple of easy-to-use switches that allow you to accentuate a person's speaking voice, or to add depth to the bass in music. Don't let the simplicity of the controls fool you; extensive digital signal processing is going on under the hood of the K10 that help it achieve its amazing sound quality. There's even a tilting feature in its standard 35mm pole mounting socket that enables you to point the K10 down toward the audience, so they can fully experience and appreciate your program material. If you're looking for a reliable powered speaker that's filled with useful functions and supplies great sound, look no further than the QSC K10.
- Integrated DSP technology dramatically improves overall sound quality and total output
- Robust ABS enclosure adds an external toughness, creates a clean and professional appearance, and gives the K10 an internal rigidity that adds to its sonic clarity
- 18 gauge steel grille will protect the speakers for years to come against the rigors of touring and live use
- Inputs include a combo XLR and 1/4" TRS jack for mic or line level signals, and a stereo RCA jack for connecting MP3 players and other devices
- The LED light on the front panel illuminates when powered on, you can disengage the light completely, and it can be put into LIMIT mode where it will only illuminate when the clip limiter circuit activates
- The cast aluminum handles have been designed to make transporting the K10 as comfortable as possible
- 35mm pole sockets are built-in and feature a Tilt-Direct functionality that allows you to aim the acoustic energy of the drivers downward at a 7.5 degree angle to better reach your audience
- M10 rigging points and M5 yoke attachment points are integrated into the design
- Can be used as a stand alone PA, as a stage monitor, or as a FOH speaker