Quantum Leap Pianos -Gold Edition from EastWest is a virtual instrument, more compact in size than the original Quantum Leap Pianos, featuring four, classic grand pianos, all sampled in beautiful detail. The pianos were recorded in a suitable environment for grand pianos, utilizing three separate microphone positions for each piano.
The instrument utilizes a dedicated playback engine, the PLAY Advanced Sample Engine, which provides an easy searchable browser and the ability for users to tailor the sounds. The interface also includes impulses from the same hall used to record the Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs, allowing the pianos to blend with those collections.
Quantum Leap Pianos functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound
- Plug-in for applications supporting RTAS, VST and Audio Units for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST and RTAS for Windows XP
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plug-ins) and standalone versions included
Note! Requires Pace iLok key (not included) if one is not already on the system. A 64-bit PC VST host system supporting 64-bit VST plug-ins with 4GB of free RAM is required to use all three microphone positions simultaneously. Light programs are provided for smaller systems.
A 64-bit PC VST host system supporting 64-bit VST plug-ins with 4GB of free RAM is required to use all three microphone positions simultaneously. Light programs are provided for smaller systems.
- Grand pianos virtual instrument featuring a Bechstein D-280 Concert Grand, Steinway D Concert Grand, Bösendorfer 290 Concert Grand and Yamaha C7 Grand Piano
- Total of 270GB of 24-bit/44.1kHz samples
- All four pianos which can be loaded individually
- Three microphone positions are available per piano
- Between ten and sixteen velocities per note, with dedicated samples for soft pedal, sustain pedal and soft sustain
- Repetition samples taken from 180 BPM performances for a true repetition sound and not simply an alternate take - the playback engine automatically senses true repetitions, and responds accordingly
- Pedal resonance recorded for every note at multiple velocities, as well as with the soft pedal
- Piano lid position simulation
- Samples captured in the perfect piano environment, using vintage Neumann microphones, Meitner AD converters and a vintage 8078 Neve console
- Instrument plays back via the PLAY Advanced Sample Engine, a dedicated audio engine/interface providing a powerful streaming engine
- All instruments listed in a single browser for easy navigation
- Stereo Swap allows the user to instantly swap the left and right channels. Mono from left, mono from right, or mono sum allow for instant conversion from stereo to mono