The Sound Devices 788T-SSD Portable Digital Recorder builds on the success of the Sound Devices 7-series digital recorders. The 788T-SSD is a lightweight and compact professional recorder that features 8 digital recording tracks. An internal 256GB SSD, CompactFlash media with UDMA support, external FireWire hard drive or DVD-RAM (with bus powering) all serve as compatible recordable media. Any or all of these options may be used to record audio simultaneously and the 788T-SSD serves as a mass storage device when connected to high-speed USB or FireWire ports on Windows and Mac OS X computers.
The 8 microphone and line-level inputs are provided as 4 XLR and 4 TA3-male connections. The 788T-SSD has 8 channels of balanced AES3 digital input and 6 channels of balanced AES3 output for simple integration with compatible AES3 digital cameras and mixers. All of the 7-series feature still apply; including 48V phantom, limiter, polarity reverse, high-pass, selectable delay and headphone monitoring on each input.
Please note that not all memory cards are approved to work with this device. Please check manufacturer's website for a list of approved cards.
Firmware revision 2.01 for the 788T-SSD is now available for download andinstallation. It is recommended that all 788T-SSD users and owners update now. Detailed instructions and changes are on the download page at: http://www.sounddevices.com/download/788t-firmware.htm
Compact and Durable
- 8-track portable SSD/CompactFlash audio recorder with 256GB internal SSD and full time code implementation
- Compact aluminum and stainless-steel chassis for exceptional durability and light weight, resistant to environmental extremes
Comprehensive Professional Connectivity
- 8 channels of improved microphone and line inputs with phantom power, limiting, and high-pass filters
- 3-channel, balanced mic/line level outputs on TA3 connectors
- Multi-pin AES3 I/O for complete compatibility with supported digital cameras, mixers, etc
- High speed FireWire and USB ports for high-speed data transfer to computers for editing and backup
High-Resolution Recording and Synchronization
- 24-bit or 16-bit with or without dither, 32kHz - 96kHz sampling rates
- Input-to-track assignment with 256 possible routing combinations
- WAV or BWF format, mono or poly files, uncompressed PCM audio
- MP3 encode and decode, 32 to 320kbps stereo files
- Stable, reliable Ambient time code circuitry, tunable to <0.2 PPM accuracy with all relevant TC rates and full Word Clock I/O
Flexible Metering and Powering
- Programmable backlit, sunlight-viewable LED level metering; selectable, menu-driven metering ballistics
- Large backlit, adjustable LCD display; fully dedicated status and activity LED indicators, backlit controls
- Removable Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, compatible with Sony M- and L-mount batteries
- 10-18VDC external input powers and charges on-board battery, 100-240V worldwide power supply