The ScanSnap S1500M by Fujitsu for Macintosh computers is a sheet-fed scanner boasting one-touch operation, and fast performance with scan speeds up to 20 pages per minute in color and B & W with resolutions of up to 600dpi. It comes loaded with a 50-page Automatic Document Feeder, duplex printing and automation to ensure quality scans with little operator intervention. These features include: Auto Color, Black & White and Grayscale detection, Auto Page Size Detection, Auto Crop and De-skew, and Auto Content-based rotation.
The S1500M comes with a productive software package including Quick Menu, for feature management, Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional, for PDF file editing, ABBYY FineReader 4.0, for scanning directly into Microsoft word and Excel, and Cardiris 3.6, which converts business card scans into contact management programs.
Note! The S1500 can only be used with Fujitsu's own proprietary software (drivers). It is not TWAIN compliant.
- One Touch Operation
- Organizing with the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Document Scanner happens at the touch of a single button. All this intelligent technology working behind the scenes ensures that PDF or JPEG files look their best automatically.
- High Speed, Quality
- The ScanSnap S1500M delivers fast performance with up to 20 pages per minute in color, grayscale, or black & white, at resolutions of up to 600dpi
- Automatic Features
- ScanSnap S1500M has several automatic features to help ensure scans look their best without operator intervention before or after they scan. These features include: Auto Color, Black & White and Grayscale detection, Auto Page Size Detection, Auto Crop and De-skew, and Auto Content-based rotation.
- Small Document Enhancement
- ScanSnap S1500M can be set to detect small documents intermixed in a stack placed into the automatic document feeder and automatically increase their resolution to help ensure that the finer-print typically associated with smaller documents, such as receipts and business cards are more discernable.
- Intelligent Paper Feed Detection
- ScanSnap S1500M has an ultrasonic multi-feed detection sensor that can be turned on to help operators avoid losing images. What's more, an interactive interface allows users to easily and quickly bypass intentional double-feeds such as a taped-receipt on an expense report.
- Productivity Software Package
- The S1500M comes with a software package which includes: Quick Menu, for feature management, Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional, for PDF file editing, ABBYY FineReader 4.0, for scanning directly into Microsoft Word and Excel, and Cardiris 3.6, which converts business card scans into contact management programs. Users can also send scans directly into iDisk with a MobileMe account.