The Celestron CGE Pro 925 mates a fine, well-respected 9.25" optical tube to their very best imaging mount. Its enormous strength readies you for the pinnacle in jitter-free observing at gargantuan magnifications, with the sure tracking accuracy for long term-exposure imaging to boot. This is the right choice if you'd like a big step up from a 8" catadioptric and intend to do some serious imaging, without being so large that you can't travel a bit in a vehicle to darker locations.
Celestron's 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is known throughout the world as a fine performer, and now comes standard with Starbright XLT multicoatings. It gathers significantly more light than the standard 8" catadioptrics, considered the entry into large apertures. You'll see plenty of bright things in bright, brilliant detail, and on the best evenings of seeing conditions the brightness/clarity of the normally fainter, fuzzier objects deep in space can simply astound you.
The CGE Pro mount makes alignment simple, and by getting an optional GPS receiver you'll have absurd accuracy with just the simplest of 2-star alignment. The CGE Pro is an intelligent mount with strength and refinement.
Together with the Super HD tripod, you'll have everything in this package to begin observing right away. Power is derived from a vehicle's cigarette lighter port, but you can also get the optional AC adapter to run from a wall socket with an extension cord (choose an indoor/outdoor cord). For on-the-go power that lasts many an evening, Celestron's Power Tank directly accepts the car battery adapter.
- Celestron's respected 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design with StarBright XLT multicoatings
- Incredibly strong CGE-Pro German equatorial mount with GPS capacity (requires optional GPS module)
- Professional imaging setup; body well suited to 'piggybacked' accessories, extreme periodic error correction yields pinpoint multi-hour exposures, and excess payload capacity allows any desired imaging setup
- Great clearance between mount and telescope eases imaging and control
- All mount controls are captive and easily distinguished by touch in total darkness
- Telescope's RS-232 port links your personal computer and allows remote operation
- Scope's primary mirror focused with ball bearings instead of bushing system (which tends to 'jump' focus)
- Aligns from 10-60° latitude in either hemisphere
- Celestron's "All-Star Polar Alignment" allows any 2 stars to simulate perfect polar alignment; no need to use polar axis finderscope
- Able to resolve Uranus, Neptune, and even Pluto!
- Real-time internal clock maintains time even while powered down