The Celestron CGE Pro 1400 mates their finest 14" premium StarBright XLT optics to their very best imaging mount. Its enormous strength readies you for the pinnacle in jitter-free observing at gargantuan magnifications, with the sure tracking accuracy for long term-exposure imaging to boot. As the "Fastar" version of the CGE Pro 1400, this scope's secondary mirror can be detached so that a Fastar (or other) lens assembly can be affixed in its place, turning the scope in to an incredibly fast (f/2.1) wide field lens for use with CCD camera systems, such as those from SBIG.
Celestron's 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is very well respected throughout the world and now comes standard with Starbright XLT multicoatings. It gathers over 300% more light than the standard 8" catadioptric, considered the entry into large apertures. You'll see plenty of bright things in bright, brilliant detail, and on the best evenings of seeing conditions the brightness/clarity of those normally faint, fuzzy objects deep in space can simply astound you.
The CGE Pro mount makes alignment simple, and by getting an optional GPS receiver you'll have absurd accuracy with just the simplest of 2-star alignment. The CGE Pro is an intelligent mount with strength and refinement.
Together with the Super HD tripod, you'll have everything in this package to begin observing right away. Power is derived from a vehicle's cigarette lighter port, but you can also get the optional AC adapter to run from a wall socket with an extension cord (choose an indoor/outdoor cord). For on-the-go power that lasts many an evening, Celestron's Power Tank directly accepts the car battery adapter.
- Celestron's most powerful 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain optical design with StarBright XLT multicoatings
- Incredibly strong CGE-Pro German equatorial mount with GPS capacity (requires optional GPS module) and generous payload capacity
- Fastar-configured optical system allows removal of secondary mirror for direct, wide-field f/2.1 imaging from the primary mirror/lens
- Body well suited to 'piggybacked' cameras, and extreme periodic error correction yields pinpoint multi-hour exposures
- Great clearance between mount and telescope eases imaging and control
- All mount controls are captive and easily distinguished by touch in total darkness
- Telescope's RS-232 port links your personal computer and allows remote operation
- Scope's primary mirror focused with ball bearings instead of bushing system (which tends to 'jump' focus)
- Aligns from 10-60° latitude in either hemisphere
- Celestron's "All-Star Polar Alignment" allows any 2 stars to simulate perfect polar alignment; no need to use polar axis finderscope
- Able to resolve Uranus, Neptune, and even Pluto!
- Real-time internal clock maintains time even while powered down