The Arecont Vision AV3155 is an IP security camera which , thanks to a durably constructed dome enclosure, can be installed indoors or outdoors where it will remain safe from weather and vandalism.
The color camera offers full motion high definition progressive scan digital video across local area networks. With a 1/2-inch CMOS (Complementary Metal-oxide-semiconductor) sensor and a minimum illumination requirement of 0.2 Lux at F1.4, it provides clear images even in low light conditions. The unit has a maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels and a maximum frame rate of 30 frames per second.
Image Capture and Quality
- Image Sensor
- With a 3 megapixel CMOS image sensor, the camera offers high quality images. The Bayer Mosaic RGB filter arranges the red, green, and blue color filters on a square 'photosensor grid', each 2 x 2 unit on the grid comprising two green, one blue, and one red filter. This ensures clear pictures with proper color differentiation.
- The camera has a maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels and a maximum frame rate of 30 frames per second. You can program the camera to get a variety of lower resolution images.
- Operation/Frame Rate and Progressive Scan
- The camera supports a frame rate of up to 30 FPS (frames per second)/channel. It is also capable of 80 billion operations/second and a progressive scan of 2048 x 1536 video at the optimum frame rate.
- Low Light Functionality
- The 1/2-inch CMOS sensor enables the camera to function in light conditions as low as 0.2 Lux at F1.4. In case of excessive darkness, the proprietary Moonlight Mode feature can be activated. In this mode, the shutter speed is modified for extended exposure, resulting in more light being captured. Noise cancellation prevents 'visual noise', a common problem during image capture with long shutter speeds. Both these features improve the image quality of the IP camera. Programmable motion blurring control further improves image quality in low light.
- Forensic Zooming
- Forensic zooming (the camera can be a replacement for other PTZ devices) can zoom either live recordings or 'after event' video when recording the full field of view in HD. This is useful when CCTV video footage needs to be previewed and analyzed in situations such as criminal and other legal cases.
- Backlight Compensation
- Backlight compensation adjusts video gain to correct the exposure when the object being captured is in front of a bright light source.
- White Balance
- The auto multi-matrix white balance feature adjusts the red, green, and blue colors taking a standard white reference to get clear images.
- Flicker Control
- The camera has a 50/60Hz selectable flicker control that ensures seamless viewing of moving images
- Image Rotation
- The image can be electronically rotated as and when needed.
- Image Cropping
- The image can be cropped when required to eliminate unnecessary portions.
- Alarm Functions
- The IP Camera's motion detection feature compares the current frame with a pre-determined frame to accurately trigger an alarm if motion is detected. Up to 64 motion detection zones can be specified.
- Networking, Data Transmission, and Image Storage
When capturing, storing, or transmitting images, the camera simultaneously supports both H.264 and MJPEG compression standards, enabling 10 times less bandwidth and storage utilization than average MJPEG standards. The camera supports 21 levels of quality. The bit rate control feature helps maintain the required bandwidth and storage size.
RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) enables the video from the camera to be viewed on media players such as Windows Media Player, VLC Player, and Apple QuickTime, among others. The camera also supports other transmission protocols -TFTP, HTTP, and 100 Base-T Ethernet Network Interface.
- Power Supply
- Power to the camera is supplied through Power over Ethernet. Thus, there is no requirement for extra wiring and power outlets.
- This housing can be readily installed on the surface of a wall or ceiling. Optional mounting accessories are available for wall (MD-WMT), pendant (MD-PMT), corner (MD-CRMA), pole (MD-PMA), or electrical box (MD-EBA) installations.
The following features in the camera can be programmed:
•Auto exposure and auto gain control
•On-camera real-time motion detection with 64 detection zones
•Auto backlight compensation
•Auto multi-matrix white balance
•50/60Hz selectable flicker control
•Electronic pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ)
•Electronic image flip - 180° rotation
•Resolution windowing down to 32x32 pixels window
•Programmable shutter speeds to minimize motion blur
•MoonLight mode - extended exposure and proprietary noise cancellation
•Programmable resolution, brightness, saturation, gamma, sharpness, tint
•Picture-in-Picture: simultaneous delivery of full field of view and zoomed images
- The camera is FCC Part 15, Class B, and CE compliant.