A great tool for teaching and imaging, the Celestron #44430 Digital LCD & Camera Microscope Accessory is a digital camera with 3.5" LCD that attaches to most any 'non-toy' microscope (whether binocular or monocular or trinocular viewers). You remove your scope's eyepiece and this device takes its place in the optical path, or in the case of CS or C-mount fittings you fit this accessory to your scope maker's C-mount adapter.
With a built-in swivel/rotate joint, the Digital LCD & Camera Microscope Accessory can quickly assume the most comfortable viewing position for a single observer or a group of students. Powered by internationally-compatible AC voltage (EU & UK style plug adapters are included), it is able to directly affix to the eyepiece tubes of monocular/binocular viewers but will also attach to C or CS-mount imaging paths. In fact, given that it is easily adapted to the threaded C and CS-mounts, this instrument could be used like an eyepiece directly on the rear of any telescope which was configured for C/CS mount imaging.
Image capture from the CMOS imaging sensor is done via native 2048 x 1536 resolution to either an SD memory card or to the 32MB of internal flash memory. If you use the flash memory, a mini USB cable (supplied) is used to extract the images from the device. In addition to the 3.5MB stills, this accessory also can capture videos at VGA resolution.
This accessory's protected by Celestron's 2-year warranty.
Note! Microscope not included.
- An excellent teaching instrument, easily adapted to many microscopes
- Digital optical output via 3.5" LCD screen
- Built-in 10x magnification
- Built-in swivel and rotation between imager and screen
- Affixes to monocular or binocular microscope tubes in place of a standard eyepiece
- Threads directly upon C or CS-mount lens systems
- 32MB of built-in flash memory, or record to an SD card
- AVI video recording (640 x 380 resolution and 30 fps frame rate)
- Accepts 100-240V (50/60 cycle) international AC power (adapters for USA, EU, and UK included)