The Schneider 82mm Classic Soft 1/4 Filter is used to diffuse an image without affecting sharpness. Highlights receive minimal flare and although some brightly lit scenes may blow out your highlights, this filter holds contrast steady while adding a dreamy, romantic look.
The Classic Soft filter produces the same look as an old Hollywood portrait - and, it can be used on today's ultra-sharp lenses.
The many tiny lenslets used in this filter diffuse the image while not affecting the sharpness of the image. The number of Micro-Lenslets per square inch determines the image blending effectiveness of each Classic Soft filter.
- This filter blends small wrinkles and blemishes while maintaining overall sharp focus that conceals the fact that a softening filter was used
- In the normal range of exposure, this filter imparts only a closely confined, very subtle glow to highlights; If large amounts of overexposure exist in a scene, like a "blown" window, Classic Soft filters add a stylish glow that keep the scene's contrast under control, while adding a romantic look
- Schneider has developed a subtle and effective softening filter that can be used freely without fear of compromising the high-quality of modern lenses
- As with all Schneider Optical Glass filters, Classic Soft filters are designed to be used in front of long lenses, singly or in combination with any other Schneider filters, to make filter combinations for an even greater range of creative control
- Schneider Classic Soft filters are made possible by state-of-the-art optical technology and a proprietary Schneider manufacturing technique that produces a Micro-Lenslet array
Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect