This Large Case from AstroScope is Pelican's 1554 case - aka the 1550 case with padded divider. This durable case is designed to contain, store, transport, and protect large night vision equipment kits.
The Pelican 1554 case is o-ring sealed for water and dust protection. The exterior is constructed from an impact-resistant copolymer plastic, and the hardware is maintenance-free stainless steel. The comfortable carry handle folds down when not in use, and the case can be padlocked for enhanced security when carrying sensitive or expensive equipment. The automatic pressure equalization valve facilitates opening the case after changes in atmospheric pressure. The 1554 case is extremely well built- its waterproof, dustproof, impact resistant, and it will operate flawlessly in nearly any climate.
The interior of this case is fitted with a padded divider insert that includes; 1 tray w/ 2 long, 2 medium and 15 short flexible padded dividers
- Fold-down over-molded rubber handle
- Automatic pressure-equalization valve
- Maintenance-free stainless steel hardware
- 20-piece padded divider set protects and organizes
- Easy-open double throw latches with padlock protectors
- Accepts optional combination lock for enhanced security
- Copolymer plastic exterior is watertight, crush proof, and dust proof
- Waterproof o-ring seal: floats in salt water with 69.89 lb/ 32 kg load, submersible to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Meets and exceeds ATA Spec 300
- Meets and exceeds Mil-Std 810F section 502.4 - low temperature test Exposed to -30°F for 2 hours, followed by -40°F for 2 hours - no cracks, breakage, or loss of serviceability was noted.
- Meets and exceeds STANAG 4280 & NATO DEF STAN 81-41 part 3/4, paragraphs 14, 17, 19, 21, 24 - vibration, low temp, dry heat, impact