The Canon XL Video Camera Case from AstroScope is manufactured by Pelican as their 1600 case. This durable case is intended to contain, store, transport, and protect the Canon XL camera with its accompanying AstroScope night vision bracket.
The Pelican 1600 case is o-ring sealed for water and dust protection. The exterior is constructed from an impact-resistant copolymer plastic, and the hardware is maintenance-free stainless steel. The comfortable carry handle folds down when not in use, and the case can be padlocked for enhanced security when carrying sensitive or expensive equipment. The automatic pressure equalization valve facilitates opening the case after changes in atmospheric pressure. The 1600 case is extremely well built- its waterproof, dust proof, impact resistant, and it will operate flawlessly in nearly any climate.
The interior of this case is fitted with a 4 piece Pick 'N' Pluck foam insert that can be customized to fit each piece of equipment.
- Fold-down over-molded rubber handle
- Automatic pressure-equalization valve
- Maintenance-free stainless steel hardware
- Four piece Pick 'N' Pluck foam insert
- Easy-open double throw latches with padlock protectors
- Accepts optional combination lock for enhanced security
- Copolymer plastic exterior is watertight, crush proof, and dust proof
- Waterproof o-ring seal: floats in salt water with 75 lb/ 34 kg load, submersible to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Meets and exceeds ATA Spec 300
- Meets and exceeds MIL-C-4150J - transit and storage, waterproof, vapor proof
- Meets and exceeds STANAG 4280 & NATO DEF STAN 81-41 part 3/4, paragraphs 14, 17, 19, 21, 24 - vibration, low temp, dry heat, impact