The Rob Papen RG Virtual Rhythm Guitar Plug-in Instrument allows you to create custom guitar rhythms, grooves and effects using the plug-in's unique synthesizer and effects features. Easily create classic rhythm guitar sequences, or edgy grooves by simply playing the desired chords on a MIDI keyboard controller. RG features models of the Fender Stratocaster, 8th & 16th note groove type steel string acoustic guitars, and a Power Chord groove type distorted guitar.
Rhythm Guitar Models
- Electric guitar type Fender Stratocaster® Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke, Ghost Stroke and Glide stroke. Available chords are: Major and Minor7 in "classic" Rhythm guitar setting.
- Steel 8TH type for Steelstrings 8th note grooves Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke and Extra Stroke (hand mute on strings) Available chords are: Major and Minor.
- Steel 16TH type for Steelstrings 16th note grooves. Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke and Ghost Stroke. Available chords are: Major and Minor.
- Distorted type for distorted Powerchord grooves. Offering in the RG sequencer: Down Stroke, Up Stroke, Ghost Stroke and Extra Stroke available chords are: 5th Chord for both Major and Minor keyboard range.
- Controls the guitar strokes and RG synthesizer parts.
- 32 steps
- Each step has on/off, Tie, Stroke (Down, Up, Ghost or Glide/Extra), Velocity and Free/Release row.
- Release row on/off option to control the 'Release" times of the Filter and Amp Envelope
- Sequencer A and B each with fully independent settings
- Sequence A is played by using keyboard range C1 - B3
- Sequence B is played by using keyboard range C3 - B4
- Each sequence keyboard range is divided into Major chords and Minor chords
- Start Loop setting, Sequencer can loop from any step of the sequence
- Speed setting of 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1, 3/2, 2, 3 and 4x BPM. Independent for each sequence
- Swing amount
- Velocity control knob which mixes between keyboard (midi) velocity input and the steps velocity settings
- Tie modes normal or special which allows 'velocity' and 'free' settings inside a step if that step is set to Tie
- Sequencer Latch which can be controlled by the midi sustain pedal as well
- Reset Mode on/off. When it is set to 'on' the sequencer resets each time you press a new key
- File button function with: load, save, copy, paste, swap and clear for sequener A or B
- File < and > to scroll through sequences stored on harddisk
Keyboard Layout RG
- Sequence A is played by playing notes in the keyboard range C1 - B3
- Sequence B is played by playing notes in the keyboard range C3 - B4
- Sequence A keyboard range is divided into Major chords and Minor chords
- Major chords are from C1- B1 range and Minor are from C2 - B2 range
- Sequence B keyboard range is divided into Major chords and Minor chords
- Major chords are from C3- B3 range and Minor are from C3 - B4 range
- Build in keyboard to demo grooves
Overall Pitch Modulation Section
- Tempo sync-able global Pitch LFO
- Amount control option
- Pitch bend with separate settings for up and down pitch-bends
- Main filter is an analogue modeled stereo Multimode Filter, offering 6dB LowPass and HighPass, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB LowPass and HighPass, 12dB and 24dB BandPass, 12dB and 24dB Notch, Comb and Vowel Filter
- Pre-filtering distortion
- Easy Filter control by pre-defined Cutoff Frequency modulation controllers: Envelope, Velocity, Modulation Wheel and LFO
- Built-in Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Fade and Release
- Build in Filter LFO with various waveforms, modulation amount control and tempo sync option with speed settings between 16/1 and 1/32t
- LFO free or mono mode options
- Built-in Amp/Volume Envelope with Attack, Decay and Release
- Volume control
- Velocity > Volume amount
- Panning control
- 2 free modulation routings
- 33 modulation sources, included the stroke types of the RG sequencer
- 22 modulation destinations
- 3 HQ effects blocks in serial mode
- Available effects: Mono Delay, Stereo Delay, Comb Filter, Reverb, Chorus, Chorus/Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Ensemble, FX Filter, WahWah/Delay, AutoWah, Amp Simulator (5 models), Cabinet Simulator (5 models), Distortion, Low Fi, Waveshaper, Multi-distort (11 types), Stereo Widener, Autopan, Gator and Compressor
- Midi tempo based settings in most effects
- Overall bypass for FX or bypass per FX
- Right mouse menu options with: FX copy, paste, swap, clear, undo, save, load and option to un-sync the effects
- 2 FX modulation matrix for connecting RG sequencer, midi or synth controls to FX parameters.
- Equalizer with 5 bands at 60Hz, 200Hz, 600Hz, 2000Hz and 8000Hz frequencies
- Parameter read-out field above the preset box.
- Back panel with extra global function: External controller settings can be saved to disk Computer keyboard up/down for scrolling presets can be turned on/off. Syncing on/off. Depending on host it can be turned on/off
- Uses sound banks composed of 128 presets
- Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function 'Quick Browse', 'Recently Browsed' and 'Favorite' functions.
- Banks with Electric RG grooves, Steelstring RG grooves, Disto RG grooves, Electric, Steelstring, Disto basic grooves