The PCM96 Surround from Lexicon is a parallel stereo and surround hardware reverb/effects processor that builds on the success of the PCM96, while once again providing a blend of both heritage and innovation. The processor delivers 50 legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects, as well as new pitch algorithms and a new Surround Room.
The addition of multi-mode filters at several spots in the audio flow provides new capabilities to Lexicon's traditional reverbs by allowing more exact shaping of the reverb, while still maintaining the distinctive Lexicon sound. All reverbs also have an "Infinite" switch that allows the reverb to run forever, a useful feature for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects for post.
For Mac users, the unit can function as a control-only insert, or FireWire streaming audio plug-in inside any VST, Audio Units or RTAS software. With 6 channels of digital input/output, as well as MIDI, Ethernet and FireWire connectivity, the PCM96 Surround easily fits into a variety of recording and post production sound environments.
- Parallel stereo and surround reverb processor built on a rich heritage of processing that includes the 480L and 960L, along with the PCM series, but designed for the modern studio environment
- 6 channel digital I/O
- Includes 50 legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects
- "Surround" algorithm, used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- Pitch algorithms
- Over 2,200 factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds
- Seamless automation and control via Ethernet or FireWire
- Hardware Plug-In capability inside Mac VST, Audio Units or RTAS production software
- 32-bit floating point processing
- Sample rates up to 96kHz
- External BNC Wordclock input
- MIDI In, Out and Thru
- Compact Flash Card compatibility for additional storage