The Motorola MR355R Talkabout Two-Way Radios enable long-distance communication in rough outdoor environments. Each radio has a compact and lightweight design with a wireless range of up to 35 miles.
For convenience, the voice-activated system allows for hands-free operation while the 11 weather channels and the emergency alert button are useful when on the trail.
There are 22 transmission channels and 121 privacy codes. A priority scan function helps you to find a clear channel quickly and easily. A Quiet Talk filter minimize excess noise for clear communication. There are 8 repeater channels, which allow the radios to work with a local repeater station to improve your signal range. Eleven (7 NOAA) weather channels are available so you can stay aware of the weather during your outdoor adventures. Weather alerts provide warnings of incoming storms or dangerous conditions.
Each radio is equipped with a headset jack, allowing you to connect the included earbud with in line push-to-talk microphone for hands-free operation. The included belt clips also facilitate hands-free use. Each radio has a rechargeable NiMH battery that offers up to 8 hours of operation. The radios can also operate on standard alkaline AA batteries, which provide up to 23 hours of operation. A dual drop-in charger is included so you can charge both radios simultaneously. Alternatively you can charge the radios with a USB mini cable from a USB wall adapter, a car power adapter, or a computer's USB port. The radios come with five regular ring tones and five animal ring tones to help you blend into the wild.
- Repeater Function - extends your coverage beyond the horizon using the built-in GMRS repeater channels, a GMRS license, and accessible repeater station
- Emergency Alert - when activated, transmits an alert siren followed by spoken word or incidental sounds to signal other radios of potential danger
- Small, dependable radio for instant communications with Push-to-Talk (PTT) Power boost
- Quiet Talk - protects against non-Motorola radio interference
- Silent Signals-provides silent vibrating ringer for situations when an audible ringtone would be disruptive or when you are unable to hear the ringer
- 11 (7 NOAA) weather channels and 22 communication channels with priority scan and 121 privacy codes
- Integrated flashlight, 10 call tones, emergency alert button and keypad lock
- Includes rechargeable battery pack that be charged with drop-in charger cradle or USB cable
- Push-To-Talk Power boost provides additional radio transmission power when you need it
- Large buttons can be used even when wearing gloves
- Includes five animal ring tones help you blend into the wild