The Compress-HD from Matrox uses Matrox MAX technology to realize real-time H.264 encoding of resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It features a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-Ray, the web, and mobile devices.
Special hardware acceleration is designed to provide superior speed without taxing system resources. This card can be integrated with professional applications such as Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC. A direct export feature provides higher quality H.264 Blu-Ray compliant files from Compressor.
- This card offers real-time creation of H.264 files at resolutions ranging from iPod to HD and at bit rates up to 50Mbps by using Matrox MAX technology
- This solution will function in systems with or without a video I/O device to enhance your delivery workflow
- Extend the life of your current system investment with the ability to deliver premium H.264 formats
- The card has a low-profile, half-length PCIe x1 card form factor
- It works in systems with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 or higher, Windows XP (32-bit), and Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit)
- A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
- Accelerated encoding is available for Blu-ray, PS3, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including 2K files
- Direct integration with Apple Compressor on the Mac and Adobe Media Encoder on the PC simplifies workflow
- Blu-Ray H.264 files can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 and Roxio Toast 10 then burned without re-encoding
- Support for Apple Qmaster takes advantage of multiple systems with a Matrox MAX processing engine for distributed encoding across a network