If you've hesitated getting a Sharp flat-screen TV because of the price, the wait is over. The worldwide leader in LCD televisions has expanded its line of large-screen SB series HDTVs, making the sought-after thin screen experience available to more viewers.
The Sharp LC-42SB45UT features 1920 x 1080 pixels of resolution framed in a glossy piano-black bezel. It contains Sharp's Spectral Contrast Engine for deep blacks and crisp images. It also features an impressive pixel response rate of 4 milliseconds, providing excellent picture quality during fast-moving scenes. The wide viewing angle will be appreciated when you're not directly in front of the TV.
The LC-42SB45UT comes with an over-the-air DTV tuner as well as the ability to receive unencrypted digital or analog cable channels. There's a bevy of connections including 3 HDMI inputs and a VGA input for a computer.
- Spectral Contrast Engine
- Sharp's proprietary technology enables deep blacks and sharp images.
- 120Hz Fine Motion Enhancement
- The 120Hz Fine Motion Enhancement provides the ultimate picture quality during fast motion scenes, such as sports and action movies.
- OPC Power Save
- The Optical Picture Control (OPC) sensor on front of the TV gauges the amount of ambient light in the room and automatically adjusts the TV's backlight brightness. The bottom line is that the TV will use less power. (The brightness level range can be set according to your preferences.)
- PC Input
- When you want a break from Law & Order reruns, just connect your computer to show your own photos or home videos or whatever's playing on the Internet. The large TV screen makes everything seem more dramatic.
- 3 HDMI Inputs
- The TV provides a full set of ports for connecting your cable or satellite box, Blu-ray Disc or upscaling DVD player, and games console with one digital A/V cable.
- Enhanced Audio
- Using the built-in stereo speakers, the TV enables you to enhance the bass or trigger a surround sound function for enjoying realistic "live" sound.