This Nimar NI303D underwater housing is designed for the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS (1000D) digital SLR camera. With this housing you can create amazing images as you explore the underwater realm down to a depth of 200' (60m). The housing is sized and weighted for near-neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater. The enlarged optical viewfinder provides enhanced viewing even while you are wearing a diving mask.
Camera installation is quick and simple, and the o-ring seal can be checked visually through the clear polycarbonate housing. The locking system consists of secure hooks on every side of the housing. This prevents the housing from accidentally opening up. In-case there is a problem and water enters the housing, the included moisture alarm gives you enough warning with a flashing light, and a audio alarm for you to exit the water before damaging the camera.
The housing includes a free 3W LED focusing light. This provides enough light so your camera's auto focus system works properly. It is also ideal for night dives, inside shipwrecks or caves. The mounting bracket for the housing is included, as well as a strap that allows the light to be handheld, or mounted on ones hood or helmet.
An external strobe is recommended to bring back the natural colors of your subject and to reduce the illumination of particles suspended in the water. This form of aquatic light pollution is called backscatter. When the optional Nimar strobe is connected to the housing's bulkhead, you will get the convenience of automatic TTL exposure control. Other manufacturer's strobes can be used in manual mode only.
The housing features a bayonet mount interchangeable lens port system. The standard polycarbonate zoom port for the kit lens is included with the housing. Other polycarbonate and optical glass ports for the use of most macro, wide-angle, and zoom lenses are available.
Note! For Other Lenses See Port Chart
- Ready to Use, No Additional Accessories
- Standard bayonet mount polycarbonate zoom port for Canon kit lens is included. You also get a high quality neoprene port cover with Nimar logo.
- Included Free Focusing Light
- The housing includes free a 3W LED focusing light. This provides enough light so your camera's autofocus system works properly. It is also ideal for night dives, inside shipwrecks or caves. The mounting bracket for the housing is included as well as a strap that allows the light to be handheld, or mounted on ones hood or helmet.
- Moisture Alarm
- Never worry about flooding, since the housing includes a moisture alarm. When a small amount off moisture enters the housing, the alarm gives you a audio and visual blinking light warning. This should give you enough time to exit the water before damaging the camera.
- Multiple Lens Capability
- Other polycarbonate and optical glass ports for the use of most macro, wide-angle, and zoom lenses are available
- Used By The Best
- The top free divers in the world use Nimar equipment and are sponsored by Nimar
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free. Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of O-ring seal
- Camera Functions
- All camera functions are conveniently accessible through the housing
- Enhanced Viewing
- The enlarged optical viewfinder provides enhanced viewing, even while you are wearing a diving mask
- Secure Locking System
- Hooks on every side of the housing prevent it from accidentally opening up
- TTL Strobe Exposure Control
- When the optional Nimar strobe is connected to the housing's bulkhead, you will get automatic TTL exposure control
- Standard Nikonos Bulkhead
- Standard Nikonos bulkhead allows other manufacturer's strobes to be used in manual mode