The EverFocus EFLP-04-1B FlexPack Access Control System Kit is designed for security applications that use a card reader system as a means of electronically controlling access to an area. This system includes the Flex Series Access Control Management software (Windows 2000 and Windows XP compatible), a 4 door controller, a metal enclosure, a transformer, 4 single gang readers, one system reader, and 24 prox cards.
At the heart of this system is the controller, which acts as the interface between the card reader and the door strike mechanism. When a person holds their card to the card reader, information about that card is sent to the controller. The controller analyzes this information to determine whether this card is valid or invalid and on this basis grants or denies access to that person. If entry is granted, the controller sends a signal through the door module to engage the door strike mechanism and unlock the door.
Information from up to 9,999 cards can be stored in the controller. The controller can also store up to 16,000 events. Events can be anything from alarms sent by cameras, fire alarms, invalid cards, expired cards, unauthorized swipes or if a door is being held open longer than a pre-specified time.
- Compact size, modular design make the system simple to install and easily expandable while maintaining powerful management capabilities
- Real-time clock with automatic daylight savings time adjustment
- System can arm/disarm alarms and supports anti-passback capabilities
- Supports 4 readers, expandable to 1016 max per network
- 127 controllers can be networked together through RS485 bus or TCP/IP (TCP/IP requires additional LAN interface device)
- Built in TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressor) on both controller and readers
- Flexible supervised input points: Up to 10 alarm inputs,18 outputs, all configurable
- Real-time communication with PC: data is transferred in real time, ensuring up-to-the second accuracy and immediate notification if an access point goes offline
- 2 relays, SPDT 8A at 30VDC
- Uses Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE)
- Space provided in enclosure for back up battery
- Real-time viewing of events comes standard
- 9,999 users (16,000 events can be stored in each controller)
- Integrated Keyboard and LCD screen on controller for standalone programming and card enroll/de-enrollment
- # System Reader connects to a PC via USB and allows easy card enrollment and RS485 bus networking
- Mullion, Keypad and System Readers utilize 125KHz proximity technology and Wiegand 26 or RS232 data output
- Readers are suitable for indoor or outdoor mounting and come with an 18" pigtail for easy installation
- TCP/IP optional with additional LAN interface device