The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM is a lens dedicated to digital SLR cameras with APS-C size image sensors, offering a large aperture and Sigma's Optical Stabilization and providing a high level of optical performance.
The combination of the large f/2.8 maximum aperture and anti-shake function makes capturing exceptional photos of still subjects in very low light quite achievable, and the wide 18mm focal length is well suited for indoor photography with digital SLR cameras. This lens offers superior peripheral brightness as well as a relatively compact, light construction. Two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements and three aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations. The Sigma Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting.
Designed with inner focusing and inner zooming systems, high image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range along with an easy time handling the lens. This lens' minimum focusing distance of 11.8" (30cm) throughout the entire zoom range and maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.1 are quite impressive against their class competition.
Note! Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Sigma's anti-shake function makes capturing exceptional photos in under most lighting situations achievable.
- HSM Autofocusing for Sigma DSLR Cameras
- Sigma's best HSM Autofocus provides fulltime manual focus override along with fast and silent autofocus performance.
- Inner Focus System
- An inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the petal-type lens hood (supplied) plus circular polarizing filters.
- Excellent optical design
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass elements provide excellent correction of color aberrations. This lens produces an exceptional level of optical performance.
- Reduced Ghosting and Flare
- The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghost. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
- Ideal For Portraits and Snaps
- With a minimum focusing distance of 7.9", and a maximum magnification of 1:3, this large aperture standard zoom lens, with close-up ability, is ideal for portrait and snap shots.
- Compact and Lightweight Lens
- Its design incorporates both glass-mold and hybrid aspherical lens technology which offer a compact and lightweight construction.