The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC HSM Zoom For Pentax D-SLRs is a lens dedicated to digital SLR cameras with APS-C size image sensors offering a large aperture and provides a high level of optical performance. The large aperture of f/2.8 makes capturing exceptional photos in low light achievable, and the wide angle is well suited for indoor photography. It offers superior peripheral brightness as well as a compact and lightweight construction. Two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements and three Aspherical lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. Designed with inner focusing and inner zooming systems, high image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 11.8 inches (30cm) throughout the entire zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.1.
Note! Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras. For Pentax mount, if the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available.
- HSM Autofocusing for Pentax D-SLR Cameras
- Inner Focus System
- An inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the petal-type lens hood (supplied) plus circular polarizing filters.
- Excellent optical design
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass elements provide excellent correction of color aberrations. This lens produces an exceptional level of optical performance.
- Reduced Ghosting and Flare
- The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghost. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
- Ideal For Portraits and Snaps
- With a minimum focusing distance of 7.9", and a maximum magnification of 1:3, this large aperture standard zoom lens, with close-up ability, is ideal for portrait and snap shots.
- Compact and Lightweight Lens
- Its design incorporates both glass-mold and hybrid aspherical lens technology which offers a compact and lightweight construction.