The MXO2 Rack MAX from Matrox is a complete SD/HD I/O device that combines the functionality of an I/O card in the form factor of a rack-mountable, breakout box. This model features Matrox MAX technology for faster than real-time H.264 encoding and is intended for use with PCs or Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems.
This 2RU unit is designed for use in postproduction facilities, broadcast news operations, OB vans, and other environments that can benefit from streamlined workflow with Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. This model additionally features Matrox MAX technology for faster than real-time H.264 encoding. encoding
This unit features multiple audio and video inputs & outputs. Advanced audio functionality includes 5.1 and 7.1 surround-sound monitoring. HDMI video monitoring can be calibrated. 10-bit hardware is included for up-, down-, and cross-scaling. This unit is also compatible with a wide range of common industry file formats and codecs.
Note: Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 support for Mac OSX to be available in early November 2010.
- Use this unit with a PC or Intel-based MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and Apple Xserve system
- It is housed in a rack-moutable, 2RU form factor
- It features SD/HD-SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock with loop through, SD analog black burst (bi-level), or HD tri-level sync are all standard features
- It offers HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls, including blue-only
- It includes 10-bit, real-time hardware for up-, down-, and cross-conversion on capture and output
- Up to (5) user-selectable simultaneous video outputs are available: HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
Professional audio inputs and outputs include 5.1 and 7.1 surround-sound monitoring:
- 4-input, 8-output balanced XLR
- 4-input, 4-output unbalanced AES/EBU
- 8-input, 8-output SDI and HDMI embedded
- RS-422 machine control is included for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Capture to virtually all codecs supported by Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro, including Apple ProRes 422 HQ and 10-bit uncompressed HD
- File-based workflow supports XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, and P2HD
- RED workflow is supported
- HD-SDI closed captioning is a standard feature
- It works with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects, and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component